Friday, September 19, 2008

Big Changes

I believe the Lord puts you in certain places and situations for different reasons. My new job was definitely one of those places. In the first few weeks of working, I was asked to lie for the company and my boss decided it would be a good idea to talk about me behind my back to my fellow co-workers. I knew that lying for this company was something I did not believe in and I knew was certainly not right. I began looking at other options and I found out that in the state of Florida, all you have to have to teach school is a Bachelor's degree of any kind as long as you take a certification test. I signed up to take the test and this coming Tuesday is when I will take it. I am also meeting with the principal at Escambia Christian School to talk about possibly substitute teaching. My boss found out that I was looking for another job and was going to fire me once they found a replacement. He also was trying to find ways to run me off so he wouldn't have to fire me. The burden was too much for me to handle and I quit my job yesterday. I knew that quitting was the best option for my family and for myself. Steven was a huge supporter and helped me through everything I was going through. I truly believe the Lord put me in this job to help me see that all Christians are not really Christians. I truly believe that I made the best decision. I know the Lord is going to take care of me and I will find another job soon. If I pass this test on Tuesday, then I will be certified to teach and maybe by January I will be teaching. Your prayers are greatly appreciated!

Steven is still in school and is enjoying it. He has a lot of work he has to do each night, but I am so proud of him for the hard work he's putting into everything. I have the most amazing husband in the world. He is such a loving, caring man who supports me in everything I want to do. I am truly blessed.

Love,
Kaycee

3 comments:

Michelle said...

You made the right decision. I can only imagine how hard it has been for you both. Love you!

Ashley Marie said...

Hey KAycee! It's Ashley! I didn't know you had a blog until I was lookin at Laura Beth's! How are you? Mine is ashleyms.blogspot.com

Tedder Kids said...

I know it must have been hard, but you made the right choice!! We will be praying for you!! I hope your test goes well today!!