So much has happened since the last time I wrote. It has been crazy and that's the reason for the delay. For so long Steven and I have been praying that I would get a job. I had done everything from substitute teaching to going to a staffing agency. Because of our prayers and the staffing agency, I was called to go on an interview at the Waterfront Rescue Mission. The mission helps homeless people and individuals dealing with substance abuse get back on their feet by helping them find jobs, go back to school and just have a warm place to sleep and a hot meal to eat. After a 9:00 a.m. interview about a week and a half ago, I got a phone call about two hours later saying I had gotten the job. Now I work in the Development Office helping with fundraising and database things. I love working where I do. It has been such a blessing. Steven and I have also been looking for a place of our own to live. The elders at church have been so gracious to let us stay in the apartment, but we really needed something of our own. Two weeks ago we went house/apartment hunting. We came across a beautiful home and feel in love with it. The landlord showed it to us and we both knew it was the one for us. There was just one problem...how were we going to pay for it? Keep in mind this was before I was offered my job. Once again we prayed continually for things to work out. God answered our prayers once again and as of last Tuesday, Steven and I began renting our new house. The house is called a patio home. It looks small from the front but really opens up once you get inside. It is 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 1200 square feet. It has a fenced in back yard and a pantry(which is my favorite part). God has truly blessed us in so many ways and everyday He keeps showing us that He is listening to us when we talk to Him.
Steven and I love living in Pensacola. We have grown so much as a couple and as Christians by being here. We are so lucky to have each other and to have all of our friends and family.
Love,
Kaycee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hey kaycee! it's Ashley I never knew you had a blog until I was looking at Laura Beth's and saw you! How are things going? I haven't seen you in a long time!
Post a Comment